Monday, June 11, 2007

Purpose of this blog

I think there are too many websites and blogs with list of Web 2.0 websites and applications.
Some even claim to be Education 2.0 related websites and blogs but in the end they just show lists of websites with little or no advice on how to use the resources in an educational environment (being it completely online or blended).
My idea for this blog is for our visitors to add new Web 2.0 applications/websites and a brief description of them as well as a short (or more complex) LESSON PLAN in which the application/website could be applied.

Let's say I teach Geography and I want to suggest Google Earth:


AREA OF INTEREST: Geography
GRADES: k12 or N.A.
Length: 30 mins.
Purpose: Hands-on study of certain areas (local area, neighborhood, etc.)
How: Look up their address. Go from there to another area of the Globe and type information on a Word document (docs.google.com or similar). Get screenshots and pictures of the most interesting findings. Post it on a Blog or wiki and share with the class...

This is just a simple example of what I intend to do here. If you have any other ideas on how we could handle the content, pleaser let me know.

As for posting here. I'd like to ask everyone to post their lesson plans and websites as "comments" to this message. As soon as I read them I'll move them up to a "post" with the due reference to the author of the post, of course.

Please let me know what you think.

I hope everyone can profit from this blog. As we get frequent users here I intend to "share" administrator rights with them so the process of posting gets easier...

Thank you.

No comments: